Welcome to Wildcats Gymnastics Club.
We are a privately owned and family-run gymnastics club located in Mornington, Victoria.
Wildcats has been operating since 2013 however our evolution as a club began much earlier.
Our journey began with the Minsters; our senior coach Jenny and her husband Charles. Gymnastics had always been a part of their life, with daughter Beverley competing at a high level for a number of years. When living in England for 10 years, they were educated in coaching and gained extensive knowledge and experience in high level gymnastics.
The Minster’s then moved to Hobart and took over a small club known as Sorell Gymnastics. In no time at all, the club was transformed, and Wildcats became a well-known gymnastics name in Tasmania. With a new venue, uniform and passion for the sport, our gymnasts became polished and successful athletes as they competed in national competitions.
Wildcats was moved over to Melbourne, when Jenny and her daughter Beverley opened up the club in Mornington on Torca Terrace. With humble beginnings in a small factory with limited equipment, our club began to grow with a variety of children engaging in our KinderGym, Educational and Competitive programs. In 2015, we had grown too big for Torca Terrace and moved into a new venue double the size on Carbine Way. Today, we have established ourselves as a well-known and respected name in the gymnastics industry.
Our KinderGym and Educational gymnastics programs provide pre-school and school aged children with an opportunity to be active, have fun and build friendships, in addition to learning new and exciting gymnastics skills. From swinging on the bars to cartwheels on the floor, there is something for everyone. Furthermore, with the introduction of new programs including Tumbling and NinjaGym, our club is continuing to evolve and cater for a range of different ages, skills levels and interest. Our competitive ALP program consists of a group of dedicated gymnasts who work hard and strive to achieve their best in both training and competitions.
At Wildcats, we are not focused on perfection, but rather constant progression, improvement and growth physically, emotionally and socially. Our programs and specialised age-based classes are designed to build confidence in children, teaching them fundamental gymnastics skills and movement whilst making friends and improving their physical fitness. Combining strength, flexibility and balance with discipline, Wildcats are committed to ensuring each gymnast achieves success and feels encouraged and supported.
We have a passionate and enthusiastic team of qualified coaches who are committed to further education and being positive role models for your children. With our junior coach program growing as well, we are investing into the next generation of coaches; giving them the skills and tools to become proficient and inspired leaders.
Our mission is to provide a safe, encouraging and positive environment in which children are actively engaged in physical activity. At Wildcats, we believe that positive encouragement facilitates a welcoming and friendly environment, where children can thrive and work to achieve their best. Regardless of one’s age, ability or experience, all children at wildcats are given the opportunity to learn new skills in a fun and safe environment. We are committed to not only teaching your child gymnastics, but using our sport to build confidence, friendships and positive life skills.
* Provide first class gymnastics coaching and exceptional programs that are enjoyable for every age and skill level. Teach technically correct gymnastics skills whilst facilitating determination, teamwork and encouragement of oneself and others.
* Facilitate a welcoming, movement and skill-based environment that assists positive group interactions, friendships and the development of positive life skills for home, gym and school.
* Provide a safe, fun and encouraging gymnastics environment that allows gymnasts to achieve success, whether that be recreationally or competitively.
* Teach fundamental gymnastics skills with a focus on continual improvement and discovery of one’s capabilities. Enhance every child’s capacity to achieve skills and strive to be the best version of themselves. Working towards excellence not perfection.
* Promote positive sportsmanship and life qualities including respect, discipline, work ethic and a ‘never give up’ attitude
* Continually update and improve our facilities to ensure we are maintaining a high quality training environment
* To provide a supportive and inspirational work environment for staff with opportunities for advancement, ongoing education, recognition and reward.
Recipe for Gymnastics
Add iron and steel to beauty and grace
Stir in the will to win with a bright smiling face
Blend the love for the sport and the friendship within
Fold in the bumps and bruises on the surface of the skin
Mix in soft flowing arms and straight pointed toes
With a twist of the head to complete a beautiful pose.
‘Wildcats offers a wide range of options, there is definitely something for everyone. I would highly recommend Wildcats to any parents or gymnasts wanting to give their child the best gymnastics experience possible’
The coaches’ patience, positivity and expertise has been extremely caring and professional and importantly has focused on both the physical and psychological welfare of my child. I highly recommend this club for children who are interested in both recreational and competition gymnastics
kids are kept busy and engaged, having fun whilst getting super fit
A great new addition to the gymnastic scene in Mornington
Wildcats makes everyone feel so welcome ….. always leaving with a smile on my face
Drop Us a Line
Please complete our contact form if you have any questions.